Re: Stored procedure with NOT PL/SQL

From: Polaris <rkamene_at_easynet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 22:42:51 -0000

Hello,
If I understand you correctly, what you want is to store your query so that you can execute it anytime by typing the name of your stored procedure. However , you don't need a stored procedure to achieve this. Instead I would suggest that you store your query in a text file. e.g myfile.sql. It might contain
select ename,sal,com from emp
/
You can now execute that query by running that file. sqlplus80 scott/tiger_at_local_dbase myfile.sql You can also direct your query results to a file if you like by using the SPOOL FILENAME.TXT before your query and SPOOL OFF after your query.
Refer to the manual for a complete quide. Good luck. Received on Thu Nov 26 1998 - 23:42:51 CET

Original text of this message