Re: Forms, fetch 100 records

From: <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 02:04:56 GMT

I assume you are already using the Long List = True LOV attribute, and this is where the user forgets to enter a selection criteria.

If this is the problem, then I would create another field in a control block somewhere on your form for the user to enter a selection criteria value. Until this value is entered, and a Select Count(*) from your table based on the criteria returns a small enough number, do not allow the LOV to be used.

When a good selection-criteria value is entered, populate the record group manually with populate_group_with_query command, and allow the LOV to be used.

Also turn off LOV validation to the field, and in the Key-ListVal trigger make sure the selection criteria is ok before doing a List_Values.

Hope this helps.
Steve Cosner
http://members.aol.com/stevec5088