Re: PRO*C Find Set Size

From: Mark Miller <mmille10_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 1998/11/19

ghharrac_at_neodata.com wrote:

> Can I determine the number of rows/tuples that
> a query (select) will return ?
>
> I know that I can obtain the current row, but
> not the number of resultant rows from the query.
>
> Does ORACLE complete/determine the find set before
> the fetch cycle and return one tuple of the set
> for every fetch ???????
>
> George H
> ghharrac_at_neodata.com

There's always the count() function, as in:

exec sql select count(*) into :count from some_table;

This will show you how many rows are in the table as of that instant in time. You can then at least make a good approximation of how many rows there are.

---Mark
mmiller_at_nyx.net Received on Thu Nov 19 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message