Re: SQL*Plus: COPY command, LONG datatype, and ORA-01008

From: Todd Owers <toddo_at_gcr1.com>
Date: 1998/11/19

Through trial and error, I uncovered the reason for the ORA-01008 error. It was the setting of the SQL*Plus LONG environment variable. This variable sets the maximum width, in characters, for displaying and copying LONG values. The default is 80, which is too small. Initially, I increased it to 2000000000 (2 GB, the maximum value), and the error occurred. When I reduced it to 2000000 (2 MB), the error disappeared. In my situation, 2M is sufficiently large to hold all the data.

Thanks to all who responded.

Todd

Todd Owers wrote in message <72agf6$eqo$1_at_nntp.gulfsouth.verio.net>... [snip]
>The problem is that I am getting an "ORA-01008: not all variables bound"
>error on tables with a LONG column. On tables without a LONG column,
>everything works fine.

 [snip]
>Here is the script.

 [snip]