32 bit Developer/2000 and Oracle Fin Apps 10.7SC

From: <polymorphic_at_technologist.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 22:46:57 -0500

Greetings,
Is anyone using 32bit Developer/2000 1.3.x or better to extend/customize the Oracle Fin Apps. Mind you, we have been using 16bit tools for the last year to enhance the Apps, because the Oracle Apps themselves are 16bit and have not had sucess in the past with using any 32 bit version. We would really like to upgrade our tool set, but we feel locked in. We need our custom apps to be registered with the apps, and be within the menu structure. We do this with 16bit Developer...but can this same integration be achieved with 32 bit Developer, particularly later releases than 1.3. We have Win95 fat clients, with Apps executables residing on a Netware file server. We use shared agent. If this makes any sense to anyone, I'd appreciate some feedback. I really hate the old Developer!