Re: Converting forms 30 application to forms 45 application

From: Robin Quasebarth <robinq_at_data-point.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 07:13:01 -0800

All I can say is expect the bizarre if you expect to add anything after the conversion. I am sure you would want to add buttons and such features that a GUI application would offer. I do a conversion with the conversion utility that comes with D2k. Then I only take triggers and rebuild the form from scratch. Otherwise, going from a character mode to points you can expect items to jump around. If you copy items from form to form you will notice that they will translate to 1 point in height, etc if you ever can find the little critters on your canvas. Also fill color does strange things and bleeds all over the place when added to a background of a text label that only appear when form is run. If you add blocks, such as a button block you will get weird messages something about bad bind blah, blah, blah. So my adivice is to only use the conversion to run for functionality then rebuild from scratch if you are ever going to add to or modify the form in the future. You will spend a lot less time rebuilding than banging your head on the wall trying to figure out why weird things are happening. rq