PL/SQL Question

From: Joseph Bennet <jbennett_at_gettysburg.edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 10:48:03 -0500

I have a problem with Oracle Application Server (3.x) and PL/SQL. I have a form that I am generating that is completely table based. For example, if I have a table with employees, another table with available skills, and a cross-reference table that allows each employee to indicate their knowledge of any skill.

I built a PL/SQL procedure that generates a form that allows the employee to complete it - it is completely dynamic in that the fields are based on what skills are in the skill table. My problem is - how do I build a PL/SQL procedure to accept that information? I will have no idea of the names or number of input paramters?

I can do this in Perl (CGI.pm) by taking in the entire contents of the cgi-query string and the built-ins parse the array for me, but I cannot figure out how to even begin to hande this in PL/SQL (I'd REALLY like to use PL/SQL if possible).

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks, in advance for your help. Please respond to bennettj_at_perfect-order.com. Received on Fri Nov 13 1998 - 16:48:03 CET

Original text of this message