Re: PL/SQL Question

From: Tad Harrison <harrist4_at_war.wyeth.com>
Date: 20 Nov 1998 22:13:22 GMT

Joseph,

Take a look at the OWA_PARMS package.

To use this, your form would use several hidden fields with the a common name (parm_names for example), and several visible fields with a common name (parm_values). When the form is submitted, these will be passed as a two PL/SQL tables, (parm_names and parm_values respectively). The OWA_PARMS package is simply an implementation of an associative array that helps you map each name with a value. This way you can write a procedure that accepts an arbitrary number of parameters.

HTH Tad Harrison
harrist4_at_war.wyeth.com
Wyeth-Ayerst Research
Princeton, NJ