Re: FORMS and REPORT question

From: Kapil Madan <kapil.madan_at_in.bosch.com>
Date: 10 Nov 1998 11:26:26 GMT

Lee Ki Sook <kisook_at_eland.co.kr> wrote in article
> please let me know how to reduce report execution required time when
> Forms calls Report.. and when REPORT BACKGROUND ENGINE works
> exactly..

Hello Lee,

        You noticed correctly that the REPORT BACKGROUND ENGINE i.e. the reports server comes up only when you call the report from a form. But this takes time only for the first time you call report, since the server has to
be brought up.
Once the server is on the next time you call report, it will come up faster.

Good luck,
Kapil Received on Tue Nov 10 1998 - 12:26:26 CET

Original text of this message