Re: Microsoft Access to Oracle via ODBC - What am i doing wrong??

From: ditto <ditto_at_rlim.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 15:46:56 -0800

Not sure what you may be doing wrong, but are you using Win98? I'm having similar problems connecting to an Oracle database using Access in the 98 environment. Two other machines that we connected with are a Win95 and an NT. The problem seems to lay with either the 98 system. At first we thought it may be the driver versioin, but I'm running the same version as the NT machine. You could try Microsoft ODBC for Oracle 2.573.292700 The release date on that should be 6/1/98. In the meantime, if anyone has any ideas on what is going on with my Win98 issue, I'm all ears. Also (not particularly important) we found that if we are editing scripts in Notepad and pasting them into SQL+, that for some reason any Upper-Case 'C' disappears. A Lower-Case 'c' does not.