FORMS question

From: Ken Halsted <kenman_at_mail.snider.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 16:04:16 -0600

[Quoted] Is there a way to populate the value of a text field dynamically?

For instance, I have a variable that is a VARCHAR(20) and it contains the actual name of a text item that I want to populate with a value. Is there a [Quoted] way to code this without hardcoding the text item's Name?

example: (TXT_ITEM is the name of the text item on the form)

DECLARE
   txt_name VARCHAR2(20);
BEGIN
   txt_name = 'TXT_ITEM';
   <how do you populate, when this is all you have>

END; I know this sounds strange and I'm pretty new to all of this so any help would be appreciated. The text item names are coming from a text file on my [Quoted] pc's hard drive if you get the point.

Thanks,

Ken. Received on Wed Nov 04 1998 - 23:04:16 CET

Original text of this message