Reading the Registry

From: <Pepito.Galicinao_at_lmco.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 17:16:44 GMT

Hi,

I need help reading the registry or some examples of how to read the registry.

I need to be able to launch the default browser to read an html file. This is my current code right now.

declare
  appl_id PLS_INTEGER;
begin

  • Start Browser (Netscape) appl_id := DDE.APP_BEGIN('c:\Program Files\Netscape\Communicator\Program\netscape.exe d:\Orant\sgs_win_help.html', DDE.APP_MODE_NORMAL);
    --host('c:\Program Files\Netscape\Communicator\Program\netscape.exe
  • d:\Orant\sgs_win_help.html'); end;

My concern with my code is, what happen if they move the browser? Then I have to change my code. So what I need is to read the registry for the default browser(either Netscape or Internet Explorer) to launch the help file I need.

If someone had done this please help me. I'm getting frustrated.

I'm using Forms 4.5 and NT 4.0

Thanks,
Pepito
Pepito.Galicinao_at_lmco.com