Re: Best way to program Oracle w/Java

From: <dhollida_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 17:55:02 GMT

If you have money to spend try any of the database products from Symantec Visual Cafe, IBM Visual Age Java (I use), or Rogue Wave. I attended a class using Rogue Wave and was very impressed as it encapsulates all of the major databases in a set of Java classes.

If you don't have money to spend download a free copy of JSQL from Oracle. It is a preprocessor that allows you to embed SQL statements in Java code and translates the embeddes sql into jdbc for you as part of a two step compile (like the other Oracle PRO* languages).

You can get your drivers from Oracle also, use the thin client drivers.

--
Don Holliday