adding users with des 2k

From: <krose_at_cs.mun.ca>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 15:54:58 GMT

[Quoted] Im running Oracle Enterprise Server 8.0.4.0.0 and the latest version of Designer 2000.

I have the thing up and runinng so that I can connect from the client machine using repos/manager and work with my application system. Now im trying to add other users by:

  1. I did a create like on the server end to create a user testuser/welcome from user repos. This is probably my mistake - im not sure hw to create a user witht he required roles privledges for des 2k.
  2. From repository admin utility I added this user and reconciled.
  3. From repository navigator I granted this user all permissions to application system.

Whn I try to connect as testuser/welcome I get a CDI-20039. I think prob is in step in that I dont know how to create the proper user in Oracle.

Can anyone help me. thanxs