Re: Storing MS Word doc in database

From: <norhayationg_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 06:28:14 GMT

Hi Guys,

Sorry to barge in, but I have got this desperate problem that I thot you guys might be able to help.
Do you know exactly what happened?

Description of the problem:
1. Oracle Forms opens a document in Microsoft Word using Automation (formerly
known as OLE Automation).
2. The Document_Open event method in the .dot file attached to the document starts executing. (Its purpose is to populate data from text files into the document.)
3. As long as the Document_Open event method is executing, Windows System, Users, and GDI resources keep decreasing at a rate of about 10% every 3-5 seconds.
4. If the Document_Open event method has not finished executing after about 30
seconds, the computer will lock up. If we press Ctrl-Alt-Del, Windows will display the message "The system is dangerously low in resources..."

When Microsoft Access opened the same document in Microsoft Word using Automation, all the resources I mentioned above did not drop. The problem occurs _only_ when the document is opened from Oracle Forms.

Why? Could it be a defective automation engine (.DLL) that is not used by Office 97?