Retrieving NULL values from Ingres using SQLPLUS 3.3.2

From: <tthemis_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 11:16:32 GMT

[Quoted] Hello. I am trying to read data from a Ingres 6.4 database, using Oracle SQLPlus 3.3.2, through OpenLink 3.0. Due to the fact that Ingres uses NULL and the '' empty string as distinct values, when I quest data from Ingres that contains the '' empty string only I get an

OCA-30011: ODBC to Oracle datatype conversion error

I suppose it is like that because Oracle use NULL and '' in a rather similar way, both as NULL.

Has anyboby any idea how I can overcome this problem and get those data, from SQLPlus ????

Thanks in advance