Re: Oracle sqlplus for Windows?

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 10:59:08 GMT

On Wed, 14 Oct 1998 10:34:53 +0200, CAB_at_Earthling.net wrote:

>We have several Oracle sqlplus for OS\2. This piece of software is
>actually quite smart; it has commandline history and some cool
>commandline editing options. This makes it fast and easy to use.
>
>On some occasions we need to do some queries in a hurry from a Windows
>NT. The sqlplus installed on this platform doesn't have the same features
>as the OS\2 version, which makes it quite "un-handy" to use.
>
>Anyone with the same experience?
>Any suggestions for alternative products which can be used in our
>situation?
>Or did Oracle do something smarter themselves?

There are two versions of SQL*Plus installed with Oracle8 on NT. One is the Windows version you are talking about (PLUS80W.EXE) and also a DOS version of SQL*Plus (PLUS80.EXE or SQLPLUS.EXE). The DOS version has the command-line history (via the arrow keys) like you're talking about.

Hope this helps.

>Best regards,
>Steen Suder

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Government, Education, & Health

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com
jkallman_at_us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Wed Oct 14 1998 - 12:59:08 CEST

Original text of this message