Re: PO 8.04 and Developer 2.1

From: hy <hueyyann_at_singa.pore.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 23:53:12 +0800

Net80/admin is for Net 8.0
and Network/admin is for SQL*Net 2.3
so you have to setup the tnsnames.ora in network/admin directory but tnsnames.ora in the 2 directories have different format.. so it is better for u to run the wizard for SQL*Net 2.3 to configure it.

I had the experience of installing Net 2 and then Net 8 net 8 configuration wizard would not start. I was told by the helpdesk thaat during installation, tnsnames.ora from network/admin would be copied to net80/admin and hence the wizard is unable to start due to difference in the format. The problem can be solved by deleting the tnsnames.ora in net80/admin There will be no problem if Net 2 is not installed previously.

~hy