Re: Designer2000: Diagramms

From: SROCEO <sroceo_at_aol.com>
Date: 11 Oct 1998 05:44:38 GMT

Hey,
I wish it could have been this easy for me.

I tried to copy and paste several different types of diagrams (ERD, FHD, BPM, DFD,DD) into MS Word. But I could not get it to work.

Next I tried to Insert, Object, New (and select the diagram type). Word then will either start Designer and/or open the appropriate diagram so that you can create a new diagram and insert directly into word. This obviously doesn't work very well with existing diagrams. It was very painful! I would run out of memory and have to start from scratch. Eventually, I was able to capture all of the models for a document I had to create.

I am using 1.3.2. I am looking to upgrade to 2.1. Is the cut and paste or object insert better with the new version?

My former technical director told me that his staff devised a way of publishing the diagrams in a web format so that all of the developers would have access to them. This is something worth looking into.

Regards
Suzanne Oliver