Reports printing problem

From: <shauna_at_cs.ualberta.ca>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 16:57:17 -0600 (MDT)

Hi,

We have Developer 2000 v 2.1, Oracle RDBMS 8.0.4 on Solaris, and we are unable to print from within Reports 3.0.

We have added an entry for the printer to the uiprint.txt file (which is the first and only uncommented line in the file) as follows:

        hp654a:PostScript:2:HP Printer in room x:HP4si6_1.ppd:

When we select "Choose Printer" in the forms designer, and we select the printer listed above, we get the error message:

	You have picked an invalid printer.
	Please make another choice.
after we cancel out of this option, we get the error message:
	REP-3300: Fatal error in the toolkit.
	UI-9: This function call is out of context

When we try to generate the report as HTML or PDF or Postscript, we get:
	REP-1800: Formatter Error

Anyone have any hints as to what we've missed?

thanks in advance,

	Shauna
	shauna_at_cs.ualberta.ca