Re: SQL Plus Problem

From: TurkBear <johng_at_nospam.mm.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 15:42:02 GMT

"Phil Jones" <cpjones_at_home.com> wrote:

>I am having a problem using SQL Plus against a 7.3.2 Novell database. We are
>using this for instruction purposes but only System can use SQLPlus. I have
>tried tweaking permissions and tablespaces as well as dropping and
>re-creating users, but nothing helps. The user can log on and show as active
>with Instance Manager but never get the prompt. All other tools work fine.
>
>Thanks

Log in as System and run pupbuild.sql - this may clear up your problem.

This grants certain privileges to PUBLIC and should have been run when the database was created, but maybe it wasn't.....

To reply please remove the 'nospam' part of the address Received on Fri Oct 02 1998 - 17:42:02 CEST

Original text of this message