How can I disable referential integrity during import?

From: Emmanuel Baechler <ebaechle_at_hospvd.ch>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 17:37:55 +0200

Hi,

I must transfer a database with referential integrity from a test instance to a production one. I am Using ORACLE 7.3.3 on a Unix Data General Server.

As the tables on the production instance are sized differently, they are already created but empty.

When I try to import into the new instance the content of the export of the test one, I get error messages, because some tables are loaded before other ones upon which they depend.

The ORACLE Reference documentation mentions that this is normal, and that referential integrity should be disbable during import if one wants to avoid it. I did however not find any mention on how to do it, nor any import parameter that meant "integrity enabled or disabled". Does anybody knows how to do this?

Emmanuel Baechler
LES HOSPICES CANTONAUX
Office Informatique
Bugnon 21
1005 Lausanne Received on Fri Oct 02 1998 - 17:37:55 CEST

Original text of this message