Re: PL>SQL Web Toolkit

From: <cary_at_nams.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 21:56:59 GMT

In article <360e9d86.0_at_lightning.ica.net>,   "yongming" <yongming_at_ica.net> wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> I am trying to create some stored procedure to use Oracle Application
> server. But I don't know where to find the 'PL/SQL Web Toolkit'--the
> supplied package (HTP, HTF, OWA, OWA-UTIL, OWA-OPT_LOCK, OWA_PATTERN,
> OWA_TEXT, OWA_IMAGE, OWA_COOKIE). I have already installed the Oracle
> Application Server V.3 on a Window NT4 machine. If you know where the
> supplied packages are located, could you please let me know. Thanks very
> much for your help!
>
> Yongming

Hello,

     In order to be able to access the Developer's Toolkit packages, you perform the following routine using the browser-based administration pages accessible through the default admin listener at port 8888:

  1. from the DAD Administration page create a new DAD -> WARNING: if you are using an Oracle 8 database, make sure to fill in the "SQL*Net V2 Service" and not the "ORACLE SID" since Oracle 8 databases are accessed as if they were remote (even if they are not)
  2. from the PL/SQL Cartridge page, create a new PL/SQL agent which uses the DAD and mark the checkbox which says "Install Web Application Server Developer's Toolkit PL/SQL packages"

In step 2, the Toolkit packages HTP, HTF, OWA_UTIL, etc. will be installed on the database schema associated with the DAD. Hope this helps.