Forms45 Library 'Hint' - Auto Hint Usage

From: A. Fischer <acf34_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 14:44:16 -0700

[Quoted] Hi all - I am trying to use the library called 'hint' that comes with the demos of F45. In particular, I am trying to implement automatic pop-up help [Quoted] for iconic buttons (where the hint text pops up if the mouse lingers over the iconic button - just like in MS-Word etc). I have added the hint text in the button props, and i have a trigger WHEN-MOUSE-ENTER that calls hint.showbuttonhelp. (And a WHEN-MOUSE-LEAVE that calls the hide button proc.) It doesnt work and it does something funky with timers resulting in having to hit the windows close button a few times to get the window to close. I know this should work... any ideas??

TIA and please copy my email: acf34_at_yahoo.com A. Fischer Received on Mon Sep 28 1998 - 23:44:16 CEST

Original text of this message