newbie start from scratch

From: Gijs Wuyts <gijs.wuyts.NOSPAM_at_belsign.be>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 17:29:42 GMT

hey,

wanted to start from scracth, no example database, no wizard things, want to learn command line stuff first. Installation OK, Installed a small DB on a separate disk.
OS=NT4SP3
ORA: 8.04 enterprise edition
Once installed, I started svrmgr80.exe and connected as internal, pw ? Oops, first thing. checked manuals, tried everything, from the usual to everthing I used at other sites (where everything was running ok before i arrived) but no succes. I guess i would have to start by creating tablespaces, or should I do something else ? I wanna start with command line stuff, GUI stuff is for later.

A hardware question: I will be running my production on a NT4 with A Adaptec AAA133SA-RAID adapter and SCSI3 disks, 4.5 GB each. RAID 5. Anybody experience with this ?
The goal is to have a DB backend with 4-5 webserver clients connecting to it, possibly with a collective 100 requests/minute. Is this performant enough ?

Tnks in advance for any advice or links

Gijs Received on Tue Sep 22 1998 - 19:29:42 CEST

Original text of this message