Re: Printing from Forms 4.5 on NT?

From: Steffen Stellwag <Steffen.Stellwag_at_pcm.bosch.de>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 10:34:40 +0200

Andy Hardy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to perform a print from Forms 4.5 on NT.
>
> At the moment I write the details - specific printer control codes - to a
> file and then use the host command to print the file.
>
> I'm sure that there must be a way of doing without the 'host' bit, without
> having to write C code?
>
> Ideas?
>
> Andy

Hi there're 2 ways.

  1. U can use ORACLE Reports by calling the Reports module with the forms built_in RUN_PRODUCT(rep_file,..,..,..);

or

2. for direct printing Look at the TEXT_IO Package.

   with this package yiu can use the open_file,put_file etc functions    to print directly on a port you've not to specify a file rather your COM port your printer is assigned to . Received on Mon Sep 21 1998 - 10:34:40 CEST

Original text of this message