Re: Oracle & Designer

From: Joe Brown <NoSpamMeVeryMuch_at_leading.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 05:01:49 GMT

I believe you can copy the

SQLNET.ORA
TNSNAMES.ORA
LISTENER.ORA from orawin\net8\admin to orawin\network\admin

shutdown the net8 listener80, and startup the 2.3.4 listener Dieter Lohrstraeter <lohrst_at_quantum.de> wrote:

Of course, you'll need the SQLNET2.3.4 full services installed.

This is how I managed it, w/o trouble.

Since the confing files are duplicates, the listeners will attempt to use the same ports, Which will prevent one of them from starting while the other is running.

--
joebrown
_at_leading.net