Re: Look for answers

From: <icc_at_injersey.com>
Date: 1998/09/16

In article <6tn627$5hu$3_at_justice.csc.cuhk.edu.hk>,   Jching_at_cuhk.edu.hk wrote:
> Could anyone kindly tell me the answer for the following question:
> Name and describe the seven layers of networking?
>
> Please email the answer to me by 18th Sep., Thanks a lot.
>
> With wishes,
>
> Jackson

[Quoted] Jackson, you've posted this question to the wrong group. I only speak for myself, but only posts about Informix go here. However, here is the answer to [Quoted] your question, or at least one answer:

The OSI Reference Model divides a network into seven logical layers: Application Level
Presentation Layer
Sessions Layer
Transport Layer
Network Layer
Data Link Layer
Physical Layer

I also noticed that you used the "shot gun" approach to posting this question. I only speak for myself, but this wastes resources and time of others.

Vic Glass (a/k/a icc)