Developer/2000 R2.1 can't connect

From: Sebastian Frey <sebfrey_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 1998 15:23:40 -0700

Hey all -

I've got Oracle 8.0.4 running on an NT 4.0 Server. Using all the "standard" Oracle Tools (SQL*Plus, Enterprise Manager, Schema Manager, etc) I can connect just fine - they work brilliantly. My problem is: NONE of the Developer/2000 (R2.1) tools work. I cannot connect with them.

For instance, when I try to connect with Procedure Builder, I receive the following error:

PDE-PUP004 Unable to connect to the specified database (ORA-12154)

Or, I can try with the Schema Builder, and I'm rewarded with:

BRW-15387: Login failed
ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name

They both get the ORA-12154 error, can't resolve the service name - yet as I said, SQL*Plus, Schema Manager, etc., can all resolve the very same service names with no problem.

Anyone have any bright ideas? I'd love to hear them!

Thanking you profusely in advance,

-Sebastian Frey Received on Thu Sep 10 1998 - 00:23:40 CEST

Original text of this message