Re: Creating ASCII delimited files

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 1998 14:44:15 GMT

On Sat, 05 Sep 1998 12:54:49 -0700, Michael Krolewski <vandra_at_u.washington.edu> wrote:

>The other issue is that SQLPlus is generates a fixed size line even
>if the line does not need the extra character space.

You can change this "feature" by setting the SQLPlus's environment varible TRIMSPOOL to ON (the default is OFF):

SET TRIMSPOOL ON This option is available at least from SQL*Plus 3.3 on, I'm allmost sure also fro 3.2, but it was defenitely not available in 3.1.

>Mike Krolewski

Regards,

--
Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>