Forms 3.0 and Templates

From: AJ Benn <a.j.benn_at_x400.icl.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 13:35:05 +0100

I've generated some simple reports using Reports v3 and created a simple template to provide basic title, red tape, page number and date information. If I generate a report then all is well but if I then change a field on the template and go through the report wizard to regenerate a report, the change I made to the template is not reflected in the next version of the report (new fields are brought in okay, it's changed items that are left alone).

The only way I've found to re-apply a template to pick up any changes is to generate the report with no template (thus removing any template info from the report layout model) and then to generate it again with the template required (you can actually just delete the field in the report then re-run the wizard specifying the same template and that does works). It appears that it all depends which template items are in the report layout model at report generation time. Items from the template which are not in the report layout are brought in and existing items are left alone.

Does anyone know of a way of getting Reports to always refresh a field from it's template, as well as being able to mark fields as 'don't refresh', for those template items that you might want to tailor in the report. I would be grateful of any advice you can offer.

Cheers
Andy Received on Fri Sep 04 1998 - 14:35:05 CEST

Original text of this message