ORA-12223: TNS:internal limit restriction exceeded

From: Thomas Papritz <papritz_at_aktif-technology.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 13:03:24 +0200

Hello,

I have written a C++-program, which creates a single local database connection and inserts and updates data in database via this connection.
After a lot of transactions (some weeks after program start) I get that
error: ORA-12223: TNS:internal limit restriction exceeded.
The error continues for some time, then the connection works properly for
some transactions, then the error occurres again, and so on ..., until
Oracle connection process oracleDB(...) zombifies.

I don't understand the problem. The connection is local, protocol BEQ, why
TNS listener causes a problem. I use always the connection
created on startup and no further connection.

I use threads, may this cause the problem.
I use DBTools.h++ for database management.

Can anybody tell me, how to avoid the described error.
I have found a hint to increase rlimit from default (about 54) with
setrlimit. Is it possible to set the limit to 'unlimited'.

Thanks,

Thomas Received on Fri Sep 04 1998 - 13:03:24 CEST

Original text of this message