Re: Oracle WebServer Pl/SQL

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 19:22:54 GMT

A copy of this was sent to Andreas Doerler <adoerler_at_acm.org> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Thu, 03 Sep 1998 21:06:06 +0200, you wrote:

>hi,
>
>how can I get an Input-Variable for a PL/SQL-Procedure from a
>normal url-Call?
>
>example:
>
>I have a procedure GetIt on my OWS, Input Parameter is a varchar value.
>Now I want to get this parameter like a cgi-call string
>e.g. http://Webserver/owa/plsql/GetIt<some separator string>Input
>this string Input i want to get into my procedure
>
>Do I think too complicated or is this feasible?
>
> <ad>

if you have a procedure:

create procedure GetIt( p_some_input in varchar2 ) as
begin

   htp.p( 'Thanks for passing "' || p_some_input || '" to me' ); end;

and fashion a URL such as:

http://webserver/owa/plsql/GetIt?p_some_input=How+Now+Brown+Cow

then, the procedure will print out:

Thanks for passing "How Now Brown Cow" to me

thats the way it works -- URLs contain variable_name=value pairs and the pl/sql cartridge maps the variable name/values to pl/sql IN parameters.

Does this answer your question?

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

--
http://govt.us.oracle.com/    -- downloadable utilities

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you,
you have to make it easy to get email to you.  Any bounced
email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it.