Passing parameters from Oracle Forms to Crystal Reports

From: <agavilan_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 14:27:14 GMT

I'm trying to pass a Crystal Reports parameter (called Param in the code below) to the Crystal Report (version 6.0) from an Oracle Form (using Forms 5.0).

If anyone has succesfully accomplished this (or passing a formula--which is a possible workaround for my purposes), please let me know how.

I've provided details as to what I'm doing below.

I'm using the ParameterFields procedure. The following code (that performs the call) is located in a WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger:

declare

   ret_val number;
   ret_text varchar2(200);
   l_select varchar2(200);
begin

crystal_crystalctrl.ReportFileName(:ITEM('BLOCK.ACTIVEX_CONTROL').interface, 't:\spec12\allen\test2.rpt');

crystal_crystalctrl.Destination(:ITEM('BLOCK.ACTIVEX_CONTROL').interface,crystal _constants.crptToWindow);

crystal_crystalctrl.ReportSource(:ITEM('BLOCK.ACTIVEX_CONTROL').interface,crysta l_constants.crptReport);

crystal_crystalctrl.ParameterFields(:ITEM('BLOCK.ACTIVEX_CONTROL').interface,0,' Param;100;True');

ret_text :=
crystal_crystalctrl.PrintReport(:ITEM('BLOCK.ACTIVEX_CONTROL').interface);

   IF ret_text <> '0' THEN

      al.show(ret_text);
   END IF; end;

When running the form, an OLE error occurs at 0x80020005 and when the application closes the following message appears: The instruction at 0x02f910bd referenced memory at 0x02fb0580. The memory could not be "read".

Thanks,
Allen