Re: Quick running reports (instead of Oracle Reports)

From: Malcolm Turner <mal_at_wcs.dnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 13:51:55 GMT

Marek Kaczor <oracle_at_teta.com.pl> wrote:

>Hi all,
>does anybody know any tools to make quick reports from Oracle Forms
>application. Oracle Reports are very good for complex reports, but too
>slow for printing for example emmploee documents or invoices.
>Thanks in advance,
>Marek Kaczor

Are you sure ?
One of my colleagues said just the same, so I knocked up a quick report to be called from a form just to test it. You can call reports asynchronously, so it executes in the background, and Forms continues with no delay. The (very simple) report printed 5 seconds after calling - surely that's quick enough for anybody.
BTW - Just a Pentium 200 - nothing special   Received on Tue Aug 25 1998 - 15:51:55 CEST

Original text of this message