Re: Designer 2.1 : CDI - 23564 cannot load CF50G32.DLL

From: Steve Franklin <franklin_at_ug.cs.dal.ca>
Date: 22 Aug 1998 13:52:39 GMT

In article <MPG.10487fcf5e0f568f989680_at_news.bart.nl>, John Wassing <jwassing_at_noord.bart.nl> wrote:
>I've got a prolblem generating forms from designer 2.1 on personel oracle
>8.03.
>
>After finishing the installation procedure i generated a form, but i got
>the above error ( CDI-23564 cannot load CF50G32.DLL ).

John,

   First off, I'm not sure that PO8.03 is supported with desk2. I originally tried with 8.03 and had to move to 8.04 to get proper (and faster) performance.

   Secondly, the CDI error that you're getting seems to be a library mismatch between the des2k and dev2k Forms requirements. I went through this battle, and although I haven't confirmed the proposed solution yet, people think that you need to get Dev2k 2.1 to generate properly.

   This doesn't make a lot of sense, since you should be able to generate forms with des2k without purchasing dev2k. If you wanted to create templates or perform post-generation customization, then of course you need dev2k. In any case, I have an evaluation copy coming in (dev2k) to see if it fixes the problem. Please post if you find an alternate solution, because this has been a very frustrating and annoying problem.

Steve Received on Sat Aug 22 1998 - 15:52:39 CEST

Original text of this message