Re: Can I trace an SQL statement?

From: Madhu Cherukuri <Madhu.Cherukuri_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 19 Aug 1998 00:50:09 GMT

in your SQL*Plus session, run this

SQL>set SQL_TRACE=true

this will turn on the trace for this session only and .trc file will be created in the ORACLE_HOME\RDBMS\LOG directory (unless specified another path in the init.ora file)

If you want to trun on the trace at the instance level,

edit the init.ora file and add the line

SQL_TRACE = TRUE HTH Madhu Cherukuri

Belakimem wrote in message
<1998081723443100.TAA19372_at_ladder01.news.aol.com>...
>Personal Oracle 7, windows 95.
>
>Is there any way to trace the path a particular SQL takes in Oracle?
>
>For Informix users, I am looking for something similar to
>
>SET EXPLAIN ON;
>
>which generates a text file showing which indexes were chosen, why
temporary
>tables were created and whether tables were sequentially scanned or not.
>
>This way the efficency of a SELECT can be analysed and modified, if
necessary. Received on Wed Aug 19 1998 - 02:50:09 CEST

Original text of this message