Oracle Reports Question

From: Amardeep Johar <amardeep.johar_at_shell.ca>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 17:09:26 -0600

Hello ,

I just had a oracle reports question. I was wondering as to how I can issue a SET ROLE command from within reports. I have a form (4.5) that does a set role in the PRE-FORM trigger (I do a dbms_session.set_role('XYZ_ROLE')) . Now when I call the report from the FORM, i dont think the set role gets propagated since the report doesnt get all the provileges to the various tables that the ROLE should give it.
I tried to do a dbms_session.set_role('XYZ_ROLE') in the BEFORE PARAMETER FORM trigger and that doesnt seem to work either. Is there a different way to set a role via oracle reports?

I would appreciate you taking the time to answer my question. I prefer a reply via email at amardeep.johar_at_shell.ca

Once again, thanks for your help.

Regards,

Amar Received on Wed Aug 19 1998 - 01:09:26 CEST

Original text of this message