Using Quest to dl data to disk

From: Jared Mathes <mathes.jared_at_osirisdigital.com>
Date: 1998/08/17

Hi,

[Quoted] Is anyone using/has anyone used a program called Quest to view Oracle Database data on a PC? We have a customer using Quest on a windows 3.11 setup to run reports and queries. I would like to have them do a select statement and then save the information retrieved in a plain text file on the PC. Is this possible with Quest?

Also, how does one go about getting a description of a table or view? Is it [Quoted] something like:

select * from sys.dba_tables where tablename like 'TABLENAME'

???

Jared Mathes Received on Mon Aug 17 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message