Re: Lsnrctl80 problem in Windows98

From: Bob Withers <Bob.Withers_at_mci.com>
Date: 1998/08/17

[This followup was posted to comp.databases.oracle.misc and a copy was sent to Madhu Cherukuri at Madhu.Cherukuri_at_worldnet.att.net.]

In article <6r7d16$mng_at_bgtnsc03.worldnet.att.net>, Madhu.Cherukuri_at_worldnet.att.net says...
> Hi folks,
>
> I had just upgraded my Windows95 to Windows98
>
> I had installed PO8, Des2K(1.3V), Dev2k(1.6V)
> and working fine under Widows95
> The way it was configured was
> Des2K, Dev2K use Listener to connect
> PO8.
>
> Now in Windows98, if I start Lsnrctl80,
> then I get GPF (message This program has performed illegal operation)
>
> Does anybody could use
> Listener under Windows98?

I just upgraded a machine to Windows 98 this weekend that had Personal Oracle 8 installed on it. I haven't fully tested the data base but it starts, SQL*Plus works, and the listener starts and stops normally.

Bob Received on Mon Aug 17 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message