Re: Help - really easy question

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 18:25:33 GMT

On 14 Aug 1998 17:36:39 GMT, "Judd" <juddt_at_ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>Have now been using Oracle for around 4 hours!
>Have installed PO7
>
>How can I get a listing of tables?
>
>In Centura's SQLBase I can do it with "Select * from systables"
>
>But how do I do this in Oracle?
>What is the equivalent of "Systables"?

"SELECT table_name FROM X"

where X could be USER_TABLES, ALL_TABLES, or DBA_TABLES

If you want a description of the columns that make up these views, perform a DESCRIBE on them (e.g., "DESCRIBE dba_tables").

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Government, Education, & Health

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com
jkallman_at_us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

[Quoted] The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Fri Aug 14 1998 - 20:25:33 CEST

Original text of this message