Graphics Builder 3 and Bar Charts Problem

From: Eric Dannewitz <ericdano_at_isp.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 22:33:47 -0700

This might sound dumb, but I seem unable to get a Bar chart, charting 2 data groups, to display properly....

the SQL is this:

select prepost, totalscore, count(totalscore) from typetwoscores where testtypeid=10 group by prepost, totalscore order by 2 asc

this returns the following, which is correct

POST 0 1
PRE 7 3
PRE 11 1
POST 11 7 etc. So I'm getting the number of people who scored 7 on a PRE test, etc...

Chart properties are:
CHART: Bar, Subtype Bar (1st selection on both) CATEGORIES: Chart Categories - Totalscore, subcategory PREPOST VALUES: Count(Totalscore)

Now, the problem is if I set the X axis TO CONTINUOUS, showing Major Ticks, Minor Ticks, Axis Label, Tick Labels, Bottom of Frame, and the Continuous Axis Maxium Value is 20, Step Size 1, Minium 0, Scale Linear, I get the 20th Bar Lines OUTSIDE the Frame of the Graph......

I WANT to be able to SEE 0 to 20 on the X Axis, but the data will NEVER get past 20, but the Chart, when the X Axis is Continuous, it displays the data OUTSIDE......

Discreet on the X Axis looks fine though......

Ideas?????? HELP??????? Received on Fri Aug 14 1998 - 07:33:47 CEST

Original text of this message