Oracle Web Server: Max URL length

From: Karl Keyte <karl_at_koft.com>
Date: 1998/08/13

Please help!

Does anyone know the maximum URL length? We have an application which is (through selection of lots of filter criteria) generating very long
URLs. They seem to be rejected. We're not 100% sure whether this is Netscape truncating the URL (to approx 2048 characters, we think) or whether the Oracle web server is truncating at that end.

Does anyone know the maximum length of a URL? Is it specified as a standard or is it implementation specific?

Please reply by direct e-mail rather than to the group.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards, Karl Received on Thu Aug 13 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message