Re: Forms 4.5 Question

From: Todd Owers <toddo_at_gcr1.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 16:50:12 -0500

Dennis,

There is some code, somewhere in your form, that is changing the value of a base table item in a block. From your description, it sounds like it could be a When-New-Record-Instance, a When-New-Item-Instance, a Key-DOWN, a Key-NXTREC, a Key-NXTSET, or a Key-SCRDOWN trigger. Any of these will fire after the Post-Query trigger, as you are scrolling through the records.

To find out where the code resides, run your form with the runtime parameter debug_messages=YES. This will cause an alert to be displayed for every trigger that executes. This way, you can see what triggers fire just before the message occurs.

Hope this helps.

Todd Owers

Dennis M. Hancy wrote in message <6qv0ji$4dp$1_at_pale-rider.INS.CWRU.Edu>...

>I have a form that runs under Oracle Apps. WHen I open it up, and
>press the F7/F8 key combination to query records, everything appears
>to be running smoothly. However, as I cycle through the records using
>the down arrow, I will occasionally get the message "Do you want to
>save the changes?". But I haven't made any changes. I am merely
>"down arrowing" my way through the retrieved records.
>
>It does not occur on every record either, which is pretty odd in and
>of itself. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? Or what I can
>do in my code to prevent this?

[snip]