Forms 4.5 Question

From: Dennis M. Hancy <dw724_at_cleveland.Freenet.Edu>
Date: 13 Aug 1998 15:26:42 GMT

[Quoted] I have a form that runs under Oracle Apps. WHen I open it up, and press the F7/F8 key combination to query records, everything appears to be running smoothly. However, as I cycle through the records using the down arrow, I will occasionally get the message "Do you want to save the changes?". But I haven't made any changes. I am merely "down arrowing" my way through the retrieved records.

It does not occur on every record either, which is pretty odd in and of itself. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? Or what I can do in my code to prevent this?

I should point out that I thought I was handling this problem with the following code:

set_record_property(:system.trigger_record,

                    :system.trigger_block,
                    STATUS,
                    QUERY_STATUS);

This code resides in my POST_QUERY trigger for the block I am dealing with. I can't even tell you why it's in there. Seems to me I found this a while ago, and the "author" said it would resolve the "Do you want to save" message.

Help??? Thanks!!

Dennis Hancy
Eaton Corporation
Cleveland, OH Received on Thu Aug 13 1998 - 17:26:42 CEST

Original text of this message