utl_file.invalid_operation resulting from utl_file.fopen

From: <ibt123_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 22:29:24 GMT

I have a functioning procedure that reads in a file from WIN98, using the UTL_FILE package on Personal Oracle 7.3. In sqlnet3.3, it works fine when executed against any single file on my test list. When I send repetetive calls to the procedure from an outside source (VB5.0 using ADO), I am getting inconsistant UTL_FILE.INVALID_OPERATION exceptions when opening the files with UTL_FILE.FOPEN. I am using a static file list for testing, and the exception is occuring for a select few files (generally > 32k), but that select few files differ on each execution of the main program calling the procedure. I have already tried doing an FCLOSE_ALL, at the start of the procedure. There is nothing in the UTL_FILE buffer when I flush it. Tried alterations to the database itself with no luck. If anyone knows of a (system?) buffer that I need to clear, or has any other ideas, I would greatly appreciate the feedback. Thanks. BillC