creating an fmx from an fmb in Oracle forms 4.5

From: kaazih <kaazih_at_hotmailspam.com>
Date: 12 Aug 1998 18:50:26 GMT

[Quoted] I'm new to Oracle forms and I just want to make a small change to a single form in a project.

Before making the change I tried to simply recreate the fmx from the original fmb. Started oraform45m (on RS6000 with AIX), opened an fmb and hit compile. This did not produce the desired fmx (I guess this just compiled the form triggers etc). Next I tried the run command, this produced the desired fmx, but when the form was opened the on new form instance trigger raised an unhandled pl/sql error and the form was showing one of the hidden blocks.

The question is:

[Quoted] Is this the only way to make an fmx (via the run command)? Do all fmb's for the project have to be opened in the object browser or can a single fmb be modified and made into an fmx?

Now that I think about it, the hidden block that was shown had fields for username, password etc. These must be passed as parameters when the application is started since no logon dialog appears. Maybe I can enter these somewhere during design to facilitate testing.

thanks

Steve Hunt Received on Wed Aug 12 1998 - 20:50:26 CEST

Original text of this message