Re: OEM Invalid Page Fault

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 05:59:51 GMT

On Sat, 08 Aug 1998 12:00:32 GMT, dermanj_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

>I just installed Oracle Enterprise Manager v1.4.1.1 on a Win95 PC, but
>something is very wrong. Every time I try to connect to a database, I get an
>invalid page fault error. For example, if I run SQL Worksheet and specify
>valid host string, I get "VAW caused an invalid page fault". If I specify
>non- valid host-string, I get a TNS error, as would be expected.
>
>I installed the same version of OEM on a Windows NT machine, and it worked
>fine.

Do you have the Oracle7 or Oracle8 client software installed on this same client PC?

If Oracle8, install the latest 8.0.4 patch. (Currently 8.0.4.1.4) The patch will include version 8.0.4.1.1 of ora804.dll, which may be the cause of the problem you are experiencing.

>Any suggestions? Please help.

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Government, Education, & Health

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com
jkallman_at_us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Sun Aug 09 1998 - 07:59:51 CEST

Original text of this message