Re: 32 bits Open File Dialog Box in Forms????

From: <lbarbour.pico_at_wisne.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 14:58:33 GMT

In article <35CFAA7E.5D76_at_comp.polyu.edu.hk>,   Jimmy <c6635500_at_comp.polyu.edu.hk> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I want to use the Open File Dialog Box in Forms 4.5 (on Windows 95
> platform). Could anyone tells me how to implement it? Or suggest the web
> site of describing how to implement it on Window 95 platform?
>
> Thanks,
> Jimmy

Which version of forms, Developer, Designer do you have? If you have Designer2000 v1.3.2 and (which it seems like you do) up then along with the Forms Developer you should have installed some *.pll files in %ORACLE_HOME%\FORMS45\plsql called D2KUTIL.PLL. In there, there is a package called WIN_API_DIALOG which will do what you want. It's all pretty straight forward if you know how libraries and packages work. If you really want to know how all the code works, you'll have to learn about ORA_FFI built-ins, if you don't know that stuff works already. If you still have 16-bit, you can use VBX control items.

HTH
Lyall Barbour