Re: Mass data insert --- HELP

From: Wayne McKinney <wmckinney_at_tiainfo.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 15:31:23 -0500

But how often is a COMMIT done? Remember that for every UPDATE, INSERT, or DELETE the rollback segments are hit trying to store data for a rollback of the transaction. Doing a COMMIT after each transaction CAN slow down an app. I typically keep a counter that watches how many UPDATEs, INSERTs, or DELETEs are done, and then a COMMIT is done usually after every 20 of these actions. Doing it this way appears to make the app run faster.